September 13 (Reuters) – Sri Lankan stocks hit a nearly three-week low on Monday, ending down around 4%, as industrial stocks fell.
* The CSE All-Share Index was down 3.70% to 8,536.88 points at the closing bell, recording its worst day since February.
* The benchmark fell as conglomerates Expolanka Holdings Plc and LOLC Holdings fell 15.1% and 7.2% respectively.
* On Friday evening, the governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka announced that he would step down, at a time when the weak foreign exchange reserves of South Asian countries limited their ability to import goods and increased the risk of default of payment.
* Sri Lanka’s July trade deficit widened to $ 607 million from a year-ago deficit of $ 209 million, according to cenbank data here.
* The Colombo Stock Exchange halted trading during the day for about 15 minutes due to connection stability issues.
* Stock market turnover was 6.76 billion Sri Lankan rupees ($ 33.97 million), according to stock market data here.
* Exchange trading volume fell to 228.2 million shares from 248.6 million shares in the previous session.
* Foreign investors were net sellers in the stock market, ditching stocks worth Rs 735.8 million, according to stock exchange data.
* The island nation has reported 2,642 new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 485,922.
* It has reported 144 deaths from COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, bringing the death toll to 11,296, according to data from the health bureau here.
* About 48.36% of the nation’s population is so far fully vaccinated, according to data from Johns Hopkins University bit.ly/3C2sMpY.
* For a report on global markets, click
* For a report on major currencies, click ($ 1 = 199,000 Sri Lankan rupees) (Report by Shivani Singh in Bengaluru; edited by Vinay Dwivedi)
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]