MARQUETTE, Mich. The Northern Michigan Wildcat hockey team scored three second-period goals en route to defeating the No. 1 Minnesota State Mavericks, 4-2, on Friday, January 14.
Minnesota State would record the first goal of the game with less than two minutes left in the opening period, when Julian Napravnik fired one from the glove side on the Mavericks’ second power play. Smith and Furry assisted on goal.
The Wildcats had the first five shots on goal of the game, but the Mavericks would increase the pressure and outrun the ‘Cats 12-8 in the first 20 minutes. Rico DiMatteo stopped 11 shots in the period.
OLYMPICS: The entire US Olympic men’s hockey team has played college hockey, including 15 current players
The Wildcats were 0-1 on man advantage in the first while the visiting Mavericks converted on one of two opportunities they had.
The ‘Cats would open the second period again shorthanded, but successfully fended off another advantage opportunity from Maverick.
With 12 minutes to play in the 2nd period, André Ghantous beat the goalkeeper and scored his 7th score of the season. Mack Byers would get credit for the assist.
The Wildcats would return to the penalty spot midway through the period, but NMU’s special teams once again scored a big hit, killing another dangerous Maverick power play.
Despite spending a lot of time with a man down, the ‘Cats took a 2-1 lead on a breakout opportunity when Ben Newhouse wiggled the string on a wrist shot. David Keefer and Hank Crone would get the assists.
Just over a minute later, AJ Vanderbeck showed patience on a breakaway, worked it behind the net and scored his 17th of the season. This tied him atop the nation’s scoring charts. Mikey Colella recorded the assistant.
BEANPOT: 11 Numbers to Know in Beanpot Tournament History
The Wildcats would take a 3-1 lead in the 2nd intermission. The Mavericks led in shots on goal 19-15 after two periods of play.
Northern would be called for his fifth penalty two minutes into the third period, but the Cats’ penalty elimination unit was again important, keeping the Mavericks out of the net.
Minnesota State would make it a 3-2 game with 10:52 left in the third. Connor Gregga would get the Mavericks goal, with assists from Livingstone and Krajnik.
The Wildcats would get their second power play of the game with 9:27 left in the period, but Mankato managed to hold a one-goal fight.
The Mavericks pulled their goalie to close out the third period and the Wildcats pushed the extra forward away, scoring an empty net in the dying seconds of Andre Ghantous, his 8th goal of the year.
- Maverick forward Julian Napravnik scored the first goal of the game on the power play in the dying minutes of the first period.
- Andre Ghantous would get the equalizer for the Wildcats with 12 minutes left in the second. Ghantous would tip the goalkeeper, cut left and bury his 7th of the season. Byers would get the help.
- The Wildcats would take a 2-1 lead with just under three minutes left in the second period. Ben Newhouse beat the goalkeeper’s glove side for his 4th goal of the season. David Keefer and Hank Crone participated in the game.
- AJ Vanderbeck scored his 17th goal of the season just over a minute later to give the ‘Cats a 3-1 lead. Mikey Colella would get the help.
- The Mavericks made it 3-2 in the third with a goal from Gregga. Livingstone and Krajnik assisted on goal.
- Andre Ghantous will score an empty goal in the dying seconds for his 8th goal of the year.
- Rico DiMatteo finished with 30 saves in the game and a .938 save percentage en route to his 13th win of the season.
- Andre Ghantous led the way on offense with a pair of goals for two points.
- Hank Crone and Ben Newhouse led the team with three shots apiece.
- The Wildcats were outscored 32-18 in the game.
- The Wildcats combined to block 20 shots, led by Van Unen, Newhouse and Crone.
Both teams will be back tomorrow night (January 15) from the Berry Events Center. The puck drop is scheduled for 6:37 p.m.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- CNN analyst pictured Trump’s stance: It’s not a normal human response January 15, 2022
- Dow Jones Futures signals that market sell-off will continue; JPMorgan and Wells Fargo top earnings January 15, 2022
- Health Examination: Summary of 306 New Cases in Berkshire and COVID-19 Headings This Week | Coronavirus January 15, 2022
- Alberto Fernndez will meet Vladimir Putin in Russia and Xi Jinping in China January 15, 2022
- A majority of Trump’s 2022 endorsements called into question the 2020 election results January 15, 2022