In order to properly run a successful business and build a strong brand, fashion companies need to enter into numerous agreements covering the areas of corporate, real estate and intellectual property. This article provides some important factors to consider when drafting favorable terms in three agreements commonly entered into by fashion companies.
Moral clauses in celebrity endorsement deals
First, fashion companies typically enter into celebrity endorsement deals where a celebrity agrees to endorse and promote a fashion company’s products or services. These deals carry significant risk, as famous people and their behavior are closely watched by paparazzi and photo-hungry internet trolls. To protect themselves and their carefully crafted brand identities, fashion companies should include explicit moral clauses in their celebrity endorsement deals.
A moral clause is a provision that prohibits certain behaviors related to the celebrity’s private life. These clauses tend to deal with misconduct, such as sexual acts, drug use, and crime. They are commonly used in the contract between actors/actresses and movie studios to uphold the public image that the studio seeks to portray. Pierre Valery and Emile Nicholas wrote an excellent article on morality clauses here.
When drafting a moral clause, it is important to consider the following factors:
- What is the background and reputation of the celebrity? Did a background check reveal any concerning issues?
- Is the topic of the endorsement such that some type of scandal could negatively affect the success of the endorsement?
- What “wrongdoing” will trigger the clause? Should the list be specific or broad?
- Who decides if the clause has been triggered?
- Is the clause triggered when an act becomes public or does it only apply to an act committed during the term of the agreement?
- Does the clause extend to acts committed by persons closely associated with the celebrity?
- What is the remedy sought?
- Is the moral clause mutual?
Colocation clauses in commercial leases
Second, fashion companies want to enter into commercial leases that allow them to be nimble, nimble and adapt to customer behavior. For these reasons, fashion companies should negotiate colocation clauses with landlords in their commercial leases.
A colocation clause provides the fashion business with recourse in the event of loss of consumer traffic related to changes in the mall and protects the fashion business by ensuring that the mall remains busy and attracts consumer traffic for the benefit of sales.
When drafting a joint tenancy clause, it is important to consider the following factors:
- What types of businesses in the mall are most important to the tenant?
- How and by whom is the termination of a roommate triggered?
- What are the rights granted to the tenant in the event of a violation of the joint tenancy? Is it the right to terminate, an alternative rent payment and/or the right to turn a blind eye?
Account Ownership Clauses in Social Media User Agreements
Finally, fashion companies typically enter into social media usage agreements with the employees responsible for managing the company’s social media accounts. It is important to have clarity with these employees, as social media is critical to the fashion company’s advertising, brand recognition, customer service, customer engagement and promotions/contests . To avoid disputes over ownership of social media accounts, account ownership clauses should be included in social media user agreements.
An account ownership clause provides explicit language that accounts ultimately belong to the fashion business. When drafting an account ownership clause, it is important to also consider the following factors:
- If, when and how the password of social media accounts can be changed?
- Which people in the fashion company should have access to social media account login information at all times?
- When terminating an employee of the fashion company, how and when should the transition of social media accounts to the new employee occur?
Considering the answers to these factors will help you craft fashion-friendly business terms that are better suited to your client’s needs and concerns.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- CNN analyst pictured Trump’s stance: It’s not a normal human response January 15, 2022
- Dow Jones Futures signals that market sell-off will continue; JPMorgan and Wells Fargo top earnings January 15, 2022
- Health Examination: Summary of 306 New Cases in Berkshire and COVID-19 Headings This Week | Coronavirus January 15, 2022
- Alberto Fernndez will meet Vladimir Putin in Russia and Xi Jinping in China January 15, 2022
- A majority of Trump’s 2022 endorsements called into question the 2020 election results January 15, 2022