ORLANDO, Fla. Florida marks the first day of August with 9,642 new cases of coronavirus, as emergency management officials are challenged to tame a pandemic while overtaking a hurricane.
The Florida Department of Health reports Florida has now seen a total of 480,028 cases of COVID-19 since the virus was first detected in March. The current positivity rate for those who tested positive for the first time is 11.08% percent.
While reporting coronavirus deaths is delayed by days and sometimes weeks, state public health executives say 178 people have recently died from the virus. Their deaths increase the total to 7,144. Florida’s death toll rose by more than 1,000 for the week to Friday marking the fourth day in a row that the state broke its daily death toll record.
Across the state, about 8,000 people have been hospitalized with severe cases of the virus, according to a report by the Agency for Health Care Administrations on Saturday. The FDOH coronavirus panel reveals that 26,972 people have been hospitalized due to complications with COVID-19.
Hospitals for the coronavirus are down for the past week and a half, from levels higher than 9,500 in the middle of last week.
As of Saturday morning, Hurricane Isaias was still heading toward Florida. Emergency operations officers trying to make the coronavirus crisis and adjust storm preparedness plans, in the wake of the pandemic.
In an action to help prepare for the storm, the Florida-led COVID-19 was shut down. Public health officials say coronavirus numbers are likely to see a significant drop in the coming days due to the drop in testing.
Gov. Ron DeSantis addressed the Florida people from the Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee, saying the state has made adjustments to evacuation plans, including dedicating shelters to those showing symptoms of the virus.
Here are three things you need to know about today:
- Hurricane Isaiah: State-run COVID-19 test sites closed on Thursday due to the approaching storm. This will be the first time during the pandemic that Florida is on the trail of a storm. Florida residents’ storm plans are likely to look different this year due to COVID-19 concerns, including in storm shelters. Flagler County shelters will have separate areas for those who know they have COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of the virus, according to EOC officials.
- Renting, foreclosure recovery continues: DeSantis has extended the eviction moratorium for another month. The executive order was set to expire on August 1st. What is set to end on Saturday, unless lawmakers intervene, is a federal eviction moratorium that has protected millions of tenants. This will not affect Florida residents protected by state order.
- Nursing homes prepare: During a press conference in Tampa, Governor Ron DeSantis said 100% of nursing homes had generators operating and complied with state regulations. One of the largest operators of long-term care institutions in the state, Sonata Senior Living, said they have arranged evacuation plans and storm protocols in the midst of the pandemic.
Here is a division of COVID-19 cases in Central Florida:
|circuit||cases||New cases||hospitalizations||New hospitalizations||Dead|
To keep up with the latest online news pandemic, subscribe to News 6s coronavirus bulletin and go to ClickOrlando.com/coronavirus.
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- Toronto to permanently close four COVID-19 fixed-site vaccine clinics – Toronto
- How to Stay Protected From RSV
- 2 essentials this doctor stocks up on every cold and flu season
- Prevent Blindness, Regeneron launch diabetes-related eye disease awareness campaign
- Is There Such a Thing as the Organized Brain?
- Drone footage shows destruction in Gaza
- Surge in respiratory illnesses among children in China swamping hospitals
- Israeli spokesperson reveals what’s needed to extend Israel-Hamas truce
- WHO authorizes emergency use of Novavax’s updated COVID shot
- Israeli official warns Palestinians about celebrating the release of prisoners. See why
- Meat and dairy nutrient helps fight cancer, find researchers
- Editor’s Picks: 2023 Holiday Gift Guide