A series that many are likely to talk about and even think about, the six-part documentary series “Immigration Nation” is starting to air on Netflix.
Co-directors Christina Clusiau and Shaul Schwarz have gained remarkably intimate access to US Border Patrol officers and Immigration and Customs Officers (ICEs) in the line of duty, as well as the immigrants they detain. .
At first glance, it looks like “cops” in the ICE era, a procedure that shows officers “just doing their job.” But the more agents talk, the more alarming their “procedures” become. One female officer loves the fact that the Trump administration has removed the handcuffs and allowed them to get things done. Others seem overwhelmed by the change in focus and the volume of apprehensions, detentions and expulsions.
Before Trump, the mission was to arrest and deport violent offenders and serious criminals. Under Trump, it was extended to eliminate all illegals, even the law-abiding, workers, taxpayers and the productive. This shift in focus not only turned millions of people into the equivalent of hardened criminals in the eyes of the law, but it required a rapid increase in recruitment and training. ICE grew and grew in a hurry. And not all agents are completely comfortable with what has become of him.
A few weeks ago, the New York Times reported that the Trump administration had attempted to block Netflix from showing some of the footage in “Immigration Nation.”
You have to wonder who thought the agency’s cooperation with this project would be “good” publicity. Even the most benign images of ICE teams performing their missions “peacefully” look frightening. The sight of heavily armed officers pounding apartment doors in the dead of night and refusing to produce warrants should worry everyone.
– 2019 documentary “The Pickup Game” (9 p.m., Showtime, TV-MA) examines a lucrative international industry of seduction “experts” who receive large sums of money for speaking engagements, seminars and private lessons teaching men strategies of sexual conquest.
Some teachers have been arrested and expelled for simply criminal techniques. The film documents a sad convergence of male insecurity, misogyny and exploitation that generates hundreds of millions of dollars.
– Speaking of ploys, “American Greed” (10 p.m., CNBC) revisits the Ponzi schemes of Bernie Madoff, a man who swindled the rich and famous as well as family friends and acquaintances. His crimes were heinous, but, in many ways, he became something of a scapegoat for the unprocessed crimes that led to the 2008 stock market meltdown, a pattern of wrongdoing that transcends one man’s actions. “Greed” catches up with Madoff facing life imprisonment.
– The documentary “POV” (10pm, PBS, TV-PG, check local listings) “Chez Jolie Coiffure” features Sabine, an energetic hairdresser who operates a clandestine salon for the African immigrant community in Brussels, Belgium. Her shop becomes a gathering place and a safe space for immigrant women. Sabine is emerging as a community leader for her clientele, mainly from Cameroon, offering them banking and investment advice and helping them manage immigration formalities as well as managing their hair color and extensions.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EVENING
– Dwayne Johnson chairs “The Titan Games” (8 p.m., NBC, TV-PG).
– Violence hits the “9-1-1” call center (8 p.m. Fox, r, TV-14).
– Ali Fedotowsky reflects on “The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons – Ever” (8 p.m., ABC, TV-PG).
– Bobby Flay, Martha Stewart, Molly Yeh and Alton Brown share the culinary excitement on “All-Star Best Thing I Ever Ate” (9 p.m., Food, TV-G).
– Mayhem at the Male Strip Club on “9-1-1: Lone Star” (8 p.m., Fox, r, TV-14).
– Money management can be murder on “Bull” (10pm, CBS, r, TV-14).
– TCM spends the day with Rita Hayworth, who stars with her husband Orson Welles in the heartwarming “Lady from Shanghai” (8pm, TV-PG) and with Glenn Ford in her signature role, “Gilda” (10pm, TV-PG) . Of her love life, Hayworth memorable observed: “They go to bed with Gilda and wake up with me.”
A chance encounter on “The Neighborhood” (8pm, CBS, r, TV-PG) … Improvisations on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” (8 p.m. CW, r, TV-14 and 8:30 p.m., r, TV-PG) … Pew research on “Bob Hearts Abishola” (8:30 p.m., CBS, r, TV-PG). Everything Lola Wants On “All Rise” (9pm, CBS, R, TV-14) … American Talent Mingles With International Champions On “American Ninja Warrior” (9pm, NBC, R, TV -PG). Illusionists audition on “Penn & Teller: Fool Us” (9 p.m., CW, TV-PG).
LATE AT NIGHT
Martin Short appears on “Conan” (11pm, TBS, r) … W. Kamau Bell and the chicks appear on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” (11:35 pm, CBS, r) … Jimmy Fallon hosts Common and Rufus Wainwright on “The Tonight Show” (11:35 PM, NBC) … Jane Curtin and Thaddeus Dixon visit “Late Night With Seth Meyers” (12:35 PM, NBC).
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- Toronto to permanently close four COVID-19 fixed-site vaccine clinics – Toronto
- How to Stay Protected From RSV
- 2 essentials this doctor stocks up on every cold and flu season
- Prevent Blindness, Regeneron launch diabetes-related eye disease awareness campaign
- Is There Such a Thing as the Organized Brain?
- Drone footage shows destruction in Gaza
- Surge in respiratory illnesses among children in China swamping hospitals
- Israeli spokesperson reveals what’s needed to extend Israel-Hamas truce
- WHO authorizes emergency use of Novavax’s updated COVID shot
- Israeli official warns Palestinians about celebrating the release of prisoners. See why
- Meat and dairy nutrient helps fight cancer, find researchers
- Editor’s Picks: 2023 Holiday Gift Guide