WICHITA, Kan. — Despite a season high 19 points from Morris Udeze, Wichita State fell 65-59 to Kansas State on Sunday night at the INTRUST Bank Arena in the first meeting between the two schools since 2003.
Markquis Nowell scored 16 points for K-State (5-2), including a deep three-pointer that broke a 54 tie with 1:35 left.
Udeze made 7-of-8 shots and grabbed seven rebounds for the Shockers (6-2) who saw their 12-game Wichita winning streak break and lose at center for the first time since 2017.
Tyson Etienne added 11 runs, but made only 4-for-20 from the field, including 1-for-11 of three.
Neither side shot the ball well. WSU finished at 35.2 percent against K-State’s 33.9.
K-State made just seven turnovers for WSU’s 14. Shocker opponents had come in on average 17.7.
The Wildcats limited the Shockers to just three second chance points on six offensive rebounds.
WSU got off to a fast start, building an 11-2 and 17-5 lead at 12:15 PM in the first half. Udeze scored seven runs in that piece.
The Shockers made four of their first seven three-point attempts the last of Chaunce Jenkins to extend the lead to 20-8 at 11:26, but only made one in 16 attempts for the rest of the night.
K-State recovered from a terrible shooting start (2-of-15, 0-of-6 of three). Mike McGuirl made a three and fed Kaosi Ezeagu for alley-oops on consecutive possessions to fuel a 12-0 run.
Luke Kasubke’s three completed a string of six straight field goals to give the visitors their first lead of the evening, 25-24, with 5:00 on the clock.
K-State took a two-point lead at halftime (32-30). Udeze accounted for 14 of the 30 Shocker points.
WSU regrouped and opened the second half with a 14-5 run. Udeze spun between two defenders for a layup and tie of 44-37 with 14:41 to play.
Those were the last WSU points to the 7:15 mark. The Shockers missed eight consecutive shots and K-State took advantage of a 9-0 run to retake the lead.
The management changed hands four more times. Ricky Council IV made a short pull-up jumper for a 51-50 Shocker lead at just under 4:00 and brought the game to 54 on a three-pointer with 2:02 to go.
Nowell reacted with a deep three and added some free throws on the next trip.
Mark Smith helped seal the game with a key defensive play, coming up with a bargain, then sprinting ahead for a transitional dunk from a feed Selton Miguel.
- WSU fell at home to the state of Oklahoma for the first time since December 12, 2020.
- WSU lost downtown for the first time since 2017 (Oklahoma) and is now at 8-3.
- K-State improved to 3-2 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
- The Wildcats now lead the all-time series 21-11 (7-9 in Wichita).
- WSU is 1-11 all-time against Bruce Weber. Most of the games took place during his time in Southern Illinois (1998-03).
- Next Saturday, WSU will make its first appearance at the Charles Koch Arena in 26 days as it welcomes the state of Norfolk. The 6 p.m. tip will be broadcast on ESPN+.
- Great seats are still available at 978-FANS (3267) or online at goshockers.com/Tickets.
- WSU will host a special “Teddy Bear Toss” during halftime. Fans are encouraged to bring in a new or gently used teddy bear, which is tossed onto the field and donated to children at a local hospital.
- Fans can show their Norfolk State ticket at the gate and get free entry to Saturday’s women’s game at 2 p.m. against Grambling State.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- CNN analyst pictured Trump’s stance: It’s not a normal human response January 15, 2022
- Dow Jones Futures signals that market sell-off will continue; JPMorgan and Wells Fargo top earnings January 15, 2022
- Health Examination: Summary of 306 New Cases in Berkshire and COVID-19 Headings This Week | Coronavirus January 15, 2022
- Alberto Fernndez will meet Vladimir Putin in Russia and Xi Jinping in China January 15, 2022
- A majority of Trump’s 2022 endorsements called into question the 2020 election results January 15, 2022