Fourth quarter struggles dearly in Panthers Home Loss to #15 North Carolina
PITTSBURG Despite leading more than 20 minutes, the Pitt women’s basketball team (7-13, 0-9 ACC) fell at home to No. 15 in North Carolina on Thursday night by a score of 72-57.
Senior Dayshanette Harris had her best game in conference play when she scored a team-high 16 points and two rebounds as she went 7-for-12 from the floor in 26 minutes of work. Liatu King finished her night with 12 points, nine rebounds and two blocks while amber brown had 11 points, four assists and three rebounds in 31 minutes of work.
ESSENTIAL GAME INFO
Starting line-up Pitt: Marley Washenitz, Maliyah Johnson, Avery Strickland, Liatu King, amber brown
North Carolina starting lineup: Deja Kelly, Destiny Adams, Anya Poole, Alyssa Ustby, Kennedy Todd-Williams
Registrations: Pitt (7-13, 0-9 ACC) | #15 North Carolina (15-5, 6-3 ACC)
Place: Petersen Event Center | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Biggest lead: Pitt 8 | North Carolina – 18
Pipe changes: 6
Draw times: 8
Time ahead: Pitt 20:53 | North Carolina 11:29
Points from turnover: Pitt – 16 | North Carolina – 19
Points in paint: Pitt 30 | North Carolina – 26
Second Chance Points: Pitt 16 | North Carolina – 23
Quick Break Points: Pitt 4 | North Carolina – 11
Bank Points: Pitt 25 | North Carolina – 5
- The Panthers’ attack got under way early Liatu King opened the scoring with a jumper in the paint and Avery Strickland knocked down a pair of triples as Pitt trailed the Tar Heels 13-12 at media timeout.
- King and Strickland each had six of the first 12 for the Panthers while trailing one during the media timeout.
- From the media, Dayshanette Harris scored a triple and another deep jumper to tie the game, 17-17.
- Senior Emily Hayford ended the scoring in the quarter with a driving layup through traffic to give Pitt the 21-19 lead through 10 minutes.
- The 21-point first quarter was the second-highest opening frame scoring of the season for the Panthers, as they scored 22 against Bryant in November.
- King opened the scoring in the second with a layup before Harris brought down some jumpers to give the Panthers a 28–26 lead at media timeout.
- From the media, Harris hit a jumper and Cynthia Ezeja completed a layup to extend the Pitt lead to four, 30-26, with two minutes remaining in the half.
- After a North Carolina triple cut the lead to one, Ezeja ended the half with a layup and a free throw on a great feed from Hayford to send the Panthers to the locker room with a 33–29 lead.
- The Panthers shot 43.3% off the ground in the first half and also grabbed 19 rebounds.
- After the Tar Heels opened the scoring with a pair of free throws, Pitt scored the next six runs as amber brown completed a layup and Strickland knocked down a triple to push the Panthers’ lead to 39–31.
- UNC used a 4-1 run to make it 40-35 at media timeout in the third quarter.
- The Tar Heels cut the Pitt lead to three, 42-39, but Brown dropped a pair of free throws to push it back to a five-point lead, 44-39.
- The Tar Heels ended the quarter with a 5-0 run as they tied the game, 44-44, for 30 minutes.
- The Tar Heels put the game out of reach early in the fourth as they scored 17 of the quarter’s first 18 points to take the 61–45 lead just over four minutes later.
- Outside of the media timeout, Ezeja made a great move and completed a layup to give her seven points for the season.
- Harris took over the scoring for Pitt over the stretch as she scored five points to give her a team-high 16 for the game.
- The Tar Heels made free throws down the stretch to secure the 72-57 road victory.
- Pitt finished the game shooting 36.8% from the floor as the Tar Heels shot 42.6% in the win.
- Pitt was defeated 38-31 in the game, while also being outscored in rematch points, 23-16.
- The Pitt bench defeated North Carolina 25-5 in the loss.
- Pitt heads to Boston on Sunday to face Boston College in an ACC bout at 2 p.m. Sunday’s game will be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra.
- The loss drops Pitt to 6-7 all-time against the Tar Heels, including a 4-2 in Pittsburgh. The win for North Carolina also marks their fourth straight game in the series.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: cgurgu@internetmarketingcompany.BizWebsite: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or email@example.com
- Mavericks Open NCAA tournament in Fargo against St. Cloud State – Minnesota State University
- Google Reveals 18 Chip Vulnerabilities That Threaten Mobiles, Wearables and Automotive
- Men’s tennis storms back into singles to beat Wooster
- Haredi tech startup founder showcases innovation in London
- US drone: The hidden world beneath the Black Sea – BBC News
- DU Hockey draws Cornell in Manchester, NH NCAA Regional
- Apply for Google Summer of Code Kotlin project
- Meet the scariest car in the world
- Is Donald Trump about to be arrested?
- Deadly earthquake in Ecuador brings sadness and fear
- TENNIS: SLU battles past NJIT for 4-3 victory | SLU lions
- Universities and companies work together to boost technological innovation