Being able to schedule games on the fly as the counties come and go of West Virginia’s color-coded COVID-19 map is a good skill to have for Mountain State high school football coaches in 2020, and this week will as a result there are some important competitions.
On Saturday it was announced that Spring Valley will travel to Martinsburg this week for a game on Friday.
The Timberwolves and Bulldogs have been the state’s two most consistent Class AAA football programs for the past half-decade, with multiple meetings at the Super Six in Wheeling for the state title during that period. Friday will be different, of course, as Spring Valley makes the long journey from their home near the Kentucky border to the eastern extremes of the state to play mighty Martinsburg at its home ground.
A lot is at stake at Coburn Field on Friday. The winner immediately becomes the favorite to win the Class AAA state championship this season. Driving a 57-game win streak after last week’s season opener against Musselman, the Bulldogs have not lost to a West Virginia team since 2015. Spring Valley opened with an easy win against a visit to Parkersburg, but was eliminated last week when Wayne County went. orange on the COVID-19 card. The Wolves are back on the field this week and are expected to have one of the best teams in program history this season – largely thanks to players like offensive linemen Wyatt Milum (dedicated to WVU), Bryce Biggs (multiple FBS offerings), tight Corbin Page (multiple FBS offerings) and senior quarterback Jack Roy – who starred in his Spring Valley debut against Parkersburg after transferring this off-season to the state from Kentucky Fairview High.
That’s not the only new game scheduled for this week that brings together teams with short-term playoff hopes.
Wheeling Park remains in Class AAA and will now visit Bob Sang Stadium to beat Huntington. The Patriots (1-1) took an impressive victory against Hedgesville last week after opening with a loss to an Ohio team. Huntington, meanwhile, played close to Hurricane, but still lost in the season opener before being blown up by rival Cabell Midland in Ona last week. At 0-2 and after the loss at Midland, the Highlanders urgently need a win. The way this season is going we won’t know from week to week if they can play games, so if they play, they have to win. That’s the only way to keep up with the hunt for a playoff spot, whatever the playoffs will be when the time comes.
Wayne County rivals Tolsia (Class A) and Wayne (AA) are back on the schedule this week, while unbeaten Greenbrier West (2-0) faces Pendleton County (1-1) in a newly scheduled team game who both won at least one Class A playoff game last season.
Of the games previously scheduled for this week, Fairmont Senior at Bridgeport is about the same size as in that part of the state. In short, there are plenty of options for high-profile games this week.
WEEK 2 NOTES:
- Parkersburg’s victory against visiting Wheeling Central was wild. For starters, it was another game scheduled in flight, but it was unique in that it put one of that state’s smaller schools on the road with a major Class AAA opponent who also happens to have more wins as a schedule than any. another team in West Virginia. high school football history. The Maroon Knights jumped out to a lead early, rising two scores early in the third quarter before Parkersburg screamed back for a 38-21 win at Stadium Field.
- Martinsburg got the best of Mussleman in the clash of Class AAA Eastern Panhandle rivals, but the Bulldogs certainly had their hands full with Blake Hartman. The standout senior ran 266 yards and five touchdowns for the Applemen against the four-time defending champion. Out of my mind, the last time anyone went out like that against Martinsburg was Capital’s Kashuan Haley during the Cougars’ Class AAA state title in 2014 – and even then that Capital team was packed, so Haley had a lot of help in Charleston that day. What Hartman did against Martinsburg will remain in memory for a long time, even in the event of a loss.
- Robert C. Byrd walks back Jeremiah King has a great start for the Eagles. King last week hit East Fairmont for 215 yards and three touchdowns in a win. Before that, the RCB junior ran for 295 yards and four touchdowns against Elkins.
- Fairmont Senior’s Gage Michael showed in his season debut why he is counted among the best quarterbacks in the state. The Polar Bear senior accounted for 442 of his team’s 506 total yards in a 41-21 win against Marion County rival North Marion.
Each week in this space, we’ll highlight five (not yet mentioned) results from each class that caught our eye:
- Ripley 21, Lincoln County 7
- Jefferson 42, Greenbrier East
- Bridgeport 63, Liberty Harrison (AA) 0
- John Marshall 46, Preston 13
- Parkersburg South 42, Woodrow Wilson 6
- Independence 55, River View 8
- Point Pleasant 51, Brooke (AAA) 13
- Oak Glen 35, Keyser 12
- Frankfort 37, Weir 26
- Elkins 25, Lewis County 14
CLASS A, FIRST CLASS
- Tygarts Valley 59, Webster County 0
- Williamstown 61, Ravenswood 7
- East Hardy 6, Moorefield 0
- Petersburg 20, Pendleton County 14
- Greenbrier West 49, Westside (AA) 26
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos