Takeaways after the Chicago Bears’ 23-16 victory over the Carolina Panthers.
1. A choice to seal it. After the time didn’t run out, the Panthers got the ball back with plenty of time to try and at least even the match. Instead, DeAndre Houston-Carson chose Teddy Bridgewater for Carolina’s first leg of the ride. It certainly hasn’t been beautiful, but the Bears are 5-1.
2. Maybe try a run-play? Speaking of the clock, the Bears only needed six feet to stow Carolina. Maybe Matt Nagy just got too cute? Maybe he has understandably lost faith in his run game? Regardless, Nick Foles’ pass to Allen Robinson was cut, the Bears were forced to kick, and the Panthers were still alive. This will not work forever.
3. Are you going to mention that? The Panthers’ attack didn’t have much success getting into the red zone all day, until a fake pass interference on Jaylon Johnson – which was a perfectly legal defense against DJ Moore – gave the Panthers the football at the 1- yard line of the Bears. Mike Davis quickly found the end zone from there and suddenly the Panthers were within 20-13 with 13:11 to play.
Three things that worked
1. Red zone defense. The Bears entered Week 6 leading the NFL into the red zone defense and again it was great. They held the Panthers to field goals twice in the first half, and the Panthers may not have found the end zone at all, if not because of the ridiculously bad pass interference on Johnson.
2. Hello, Cole Kmet. Two receptions for 20 yards and a touchdown didn’t exactly set the world on fire, but given that Kmet had one catch in the season coming in week 6, we’ll call it a step in the right direction. Nagy has to find a way to get the rookie involved.
Remove bombs. Writing about the kicker is never fun, but this offense doesn’t leave you with many viable options. We must also consider the state of the Bears’ kick game during the Nagy era. Cairo Santos was 3/3 Sunday, including an explosion from 55 meters away. Eddy Piniero may not have a job.
Three things that didn’t
1. Is that the best you can do? It really was a make-or-break week for the Bears’ run game against a porous Carolina run defense. David Montgomery went out, finishing with 58 scoreless yards on 19 carry. He was rejected twice on the goal line – a repeat review ruled that he was short on the second attempt – and Foles had to come in third.
2. The offensive line is a problem. The bad performance wasn’t all Montgomery’s fault. With James Daniels on IR, the Bears chose to start Rashaad Coward instead of Daniels. It was not going well. And Charles Leno was no better whether he was being driven or pass-blocking.
3. A tough day for the rookie. While he couldn’t do anything during the pass interference, it wasn’t a great performance for Johnson overall. The Panthers chose the rookie corner all afternoon. However, it shouldn’t be considered a concern. Johnson has been great so far.
The Bears head to Los Angeles for a Monday Night Football matchup with Jared Goff and the Rams. It is the third consecutive season of primetime meeting for these two teams. The Rams won last year’s game 17-7, while the Bears won 15-6 in 2018.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]