* Devonta Freeman led the Giants’ running backs with 61 rushing yards on 18 carriers.
* Tight end Kaden Smith led the Giants with three receptions for 15 yards. Slayton (41 meters) and tight end Evan Engram (30 meters) each got two passes.
* Rookie wide receiver Austin Mack made his NFL debut with one catch for one yard.
* Third round draft pick Matt Peart made his first career start in the left tackle in place of first round Andrew Thomas, who started each of the first five games. Thomas returned to action in the first heat of the second quarter. Peart played the first and third quarters and Thomas played in the second and fourth quarters.
Thomas and Judge each said the starting lineup change was made for disciplinary reasons.
“I was late for our meeting last night,” said Thomas. “Coach Judge always talks about actions that have consequences, and I take responsibility for my actions and the consequences. It won’t happen again.”
“I want to make it clear that this was not based on performance at all,” said Judge. “I’m not going to go into too much detail, but what I will say is that Andrew violated team policy. There was nothing disobedient, disrespectful or malicious about what he did, but he made a mistake and there are consequences for mistakes. We have to make sure we go ahead and handle it properly That said, I thought Andrew did a really good job accepting it, staying ready, and performing when he came into play.
“Matt you know, we always preach ‘be ready to play’, his number got called, he was ready to go early and right away. I thought both guys fought and played well when they were in the game. watching the tape for the details on the different things that came up but that was all there was in terms of how we play with everyone I say it all the time and it’s not just something I say but we plan to play with everyone we go to the game every week so that’s the linemen, that’s the skill players, that’s everyone across the board Everyone has some role in the game I’m glad Matt was ready and I am proud of how Andrew responded to it, he was very mature about it, came in early and did well again I will emphasize that it is important for everyone to understand that they have nothing disrespectful, malicious or disobedient but he made a mistake and made mistakes and consequences. “
* Thomas and Peart are the first pair of offensive linemen to start as rookies for the Giants and the first to start in the same position since Chad Wheeler and Adam Bisnowaty both started with a good tackle in 2017.
Cornerback James Bradberry took his team-leading second interception of the season when he took an Allen pass intended for Terry McLaurin and returned it 19 yards to Washington’s 27-yard line. Three plays later, Jones threw the touchdown pass to Slayton. The interception was the 10th of Bradberry’s career and the first since September 20 in Chicago.
* Leonard Williams, Logan Ryan, and Fackrell each had pockets. Williams and Fackrell share the team leader with 3.0 bags each. Ryan’s bag was his first with the Giants. He had 4.5 sacks with the Tennessee Titans last season.
* Blake Martinez led the Giants with 14 tackles (eight solo).
* With outer linebackers Lorenzo Carter and Oshane Ximines both sidelined from injuries, Markus Golden made his first start of the season, knocking down an Allen pass on Washington’s last possession.
* Rookie sixth round draft pick Cam Brown played on defense for the first time and had one assisted tackle. Brown also threw a block for Crowder on the winning touchdown.
* Linebacker David Mayo, activated from the injured reserve on Friday, had one solo tackle on defense and one assist on special teams in his season debut.
* When nickel corner Darnay Holmes left the game with a neck injury, Logan Ryan moved from free safety to the slot and Julian Love took over safely. Love appeared to be well positioned on Logan Thomas in the end zone, but Washington’s tight end caught the ball and acrobatically held his feet in for a five-yard touchdown pass with 13 seconds left in the first half.
* Linebacker Trent Harris, activated from the exhibition squad yesterday, was in uniform but did not play.
* Graham Gano kicked 33- and 20-meter field goals and has made 15 of 16 attempts this season.
* Washington kicker Dustin Hopkins kicked 35- and 28-meter field goals, but was wide on a 47-meter attempt on the game’s opening possession, a miss that proved crucial in a one-point game.
* The Giants’ inactive players included linebackers TJ Brunson and Lorenzo Carter (who underwent surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon last week), safety Adrian Colbert, defensive tackle RJ McIntosh, tight side Eric Tomlinson and tackle Jackson Barton.
* After the referees ruled that Allen had stopped too short on a third-and-six run with 1:01 pm remaining in the first quarter, Washington coach Ron Rivera disputed the verdict. After review, referee Brad Allen announced that Allen had advanced the ball to the Giants 38-yard line, good for six yards and a first down. It was the coach’s first challenge in a Giants game this season.
* Washington was the second Giants opponent to miss a two-point conversion attempt this season and the first when he intentionally attempted to score two runs. On September 27, a bad attempt at an extra point forced San Francisco punt / keeper Mitch Wishnowsky to throw a wrong pass.
Giants wide receiver CJ Board was immobilized and taken off the field for what the team later announced was a sprained neck and concussion. The board was transported to a hospital for further examination.
Judge said the initial news he received about Board was “pretty positive,” which he called “a relief.”
“All I can say good news, even on the field he was moving, was he was conscious, he was responding, he had feeling, he had movement in all his limbs,” Judge said. “Obviously they had to take some precautions in what they were doing. I’ll have the doctors diagnose exactly what it is, but the feedback I just got was generally pretty positive, so that was a relief.”
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]