MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Minnesota will play its third home game of the season on Friday when it faces Purdue. The game will be the 76th school meeting of all time. Minnesota leads the series 39-33-3 and is at home 32-12-3. Minnesota is 5-0 all-time against Purdue at TCF Bank Stadium with wins in 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018. The Gophers’ last home loss to Purdue was a 45-31 setback at the Metrodome in 2007.
One of the most memorable games ever played in the series was in 1993 when Minnesota won 59-56 at home. Minnesota Scott Eckers made his first career start, threw for 402 yards (fifth most in school history) and six touchdowns (school record). Omar Douglas caught eight passes for 149 yards and five touchdowns (school record), while Chris Darkins rushed 30 times for 149 yards and one score. Justin Conzemius answered an interception for a touchdown, while Purdue’s Mike Alstott scored five times (four times with rushes). The game was 56-56 tied with 2:06 remaining. Minnesota drove 90 yards in eight games and Mike Charlberg kicked the only field goal of the game (18 yards) to give Minnesota the victory.
According to ESPN Stats and Information, Mohamed Ibrahim is the first Big Ten player with 140 rushing yards in five consecutive games since Michigan’s Mike Hart in 2004. Ibrahim is also the first Big Ten player to have at least 700 rushing yards through the first four games of a team of a season since Michael Bennett in Wisconsin in 2000. Ibrahim leads the Big Ten in rushing tries (130), rushing yards (715), rushing touchdowns (10) and scoring (60). Ibrahim’s 10 touchdowns have covered a combined 34 yards (16 and 5 yards against Michigan; 1, 2, 1, and 1 yards in Maryland and 1, 2, 1, and 4 in Illinois)). His 26 career touchdowns (9 in 2018, 7 in 2019 and 10 in 2020) are ranked seventh in school history.
This will be the traditional Big Ten weather in November for this weather as the forecast as this game is played in the upper 30’s and a moderate north wind throughout the game. It starts at 7:35 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network, but that’s not the only way to follow the game. Below, GopherIllustrated provides links to live stream the game, listen in and track live stats.
GopherIllustrated offers one more way to track along. In the space below we provide live updates, scores, highlights and other news before and during the match. Just use the refresh button in your browser to update the page and see the action as we see it.
2nd quarter …
– Minnesota’s next asset is a grinder. 11 plays later they find the end zone with Seth Green from the Wildcat. A great catch of Daniel Jackson on the sidelines spurring things on. 21-10
Purdue’s next offensive possession is easy to the end zone where the Boilermakers implode. Noah Hickcox for Minnesota gets a tackle for loss and then they slip through the hands of the Purdue quarterback before settling for an area goal. Minnesota is still leading 14-10.
– Minnesota kicks the ball out of bounds on kick-off and Purdue starts with the ball on their own 35, but the Gopher defense forces a stop! Coney Durr breaks into the field in front of David Bell, and then Mariano helps Sori-Marin with a few tackles to force the Purdue punt. Mike Sanford’s attack starts with the ball on their own 11 after a 51-yard kick. The Minnesota attack responds with poor offensive possession on their own as the Gophers decide to air it out and two misses from Morgan to Bateman see Mark Crawford take to the field for a 48-yard punt.
1st quarter …
– The second ride of the night in Minnesota starts from their own 10, while Gopher’s special teams do their thing and earn a penalty on the kickoff return. Highlights would be an absolute drop in the bucket from Tanner Morgan to Chris Autman-Bell for 42 yards, then finding Rashod Bateman in the center for 20 yards before Mo Ibrahim scores it. Gophers rises 14-7.
Purdue’s first drive of the game starts from their own 10 after the kick returner bounces it on its own chest. Rondale Moore on a pop-pass jet-sweet takes over the midfield as the Gopher defense takes chase. Another third down conversion, as Minnesota does not cover going back to the third down. Rondale Moore steps back into space and takes a stuttering step on linebacker Josh Aune, then hits him in the end zone. Equal to 7 with 5:37 left in the first quarter.
Minnesota wins the coin toss and chooses to receive Cam Wiley with a return to the 31-yard line before clumsy and the Gophers recovered. Gopher’s offense comes out when the Minnesota Moving Company gets a significant push. Morgan also got his second reading on that pass for Jackson, before Cam Wiley took it on. Gophers takes the early lead.
– There is also no sign of Minnesota’s best pass-rusher in Boye Mafe on the field. He sacks the team and is tackling for loss this season. That would mean more Thomas Rush and probably DV Harris at the forefront. It would be a huge loss to the defense.
5:52 pm update
– Walk Back Trey Potts is heating up with the second unit as Mo Ibrahim and Cam Wiley get the first team reps. Potts didn’t play in the game last week with a right foot injury.
– No sign of wide receiver Clay Geary playing sparingly this season.
– No sign of Rashad Cheney’s defensive gear heating up. He has played 60-70% of the defensive tackles in the past two weeks starting Keonte Schad with three techniques. I imagine we’ll see more of Noah Hickcox mixing tonight.
– No sign of safety. Michael Dixon warming up. He interfered with Tyler Nubin on safety last week.
– Real freshmen running Ky Thomas is not dressed and is in a sling tonight. He hadn’t played this season.
Update at 5:35 PM
– Tight-sided Brevyn Spann-Ford is out tonight because he has a walking shoe on his right foot. Expect more snaps for Ko Kieft and Jake Paulson.
– Minnesota stock kicker Michael Lantz is not on the field for specialized warm-ups. I would expect more Brock Walker on field goals and extra points.
Update at 3:40 PM
– A report from Pete Thamel Yahoo Sports has the Gophers without TWENTY players for tonight’s game against Purdue due to injuries and COVID-19. Minnesota will be without their offensive bus Brian Callahan, who tested positive for COVID. Gopher employee Norries Wilson, a former Big Ten head coach, is expected to fill in for Callahan on the sidelines.
Stay tuned around 5:45 PM as I’ll be getting live stadium updates for who’s warming up and who’s not.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]