UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. No. 10/9 Penn State appears to be recovering against No. 14/13 Wisconsin after being swept in Minnesota last week to open the 2020-21 campaign.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
Dates: Monday, November 23 | Tuesday, November 24
Place: LaBahn Arena | Madison, Wisconsin
Time: Mon: 6:00 pm | Tue: 6:00 pm
TV: Big Ten Network
Streaming video: Monday | Tuesday
Listen: Monday | Tuesday
Live statistics: Live statistics
Game Notes: Penn State
PEGULA ICE ARENA FAN CUTOUTS
- The Penn State Hockey season is going to be like no other. It won’t be the same without the strength of all our fans cheering from the stands. As we prepare for the 2020 season, Penn State fans will still have the opportunity to make their mark at Pegula Ice Arena by purchasing a fan cutout!
- The cutouts are $ 45 and will be added to Pegula Ice Arena throughout the season. To make sure yours is in place by our home opener on December 2, buy it before Monday, November 23. LINK TO BUY.
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST
- This week marks the 37th and 38th meetings in the series of all time. With 36 meetings entering the week, Wisconsin is the team that Penn State has played the most in its eight-year Division I history. The Nittany Lions lead the series 20-13-3 all-time, but are only 7-7-2 in Madison.
- This week marks the first time the Nittany Lions have ever played a game at the LaBahn Arena and they hope the smaller ice sheet plays in their favor after setting just a 1-3-2 record in their last six games at the Kohl Center.
- Penn State won the season series last year with a 3-1-0 record that beat the Badgers 16-9 over the four-game series. After a long spell of Penn State dominance from 2014-2018 (Penn State, 13-3-2), the series has leveled out for the past two seasons, with the Nittany Lions holding the slim 6-4-1 record (including a three- playoff series won by Penn State in 2019).
- Senior Alex Limoges enjoys playing against the Badgers, as he leads all Nittany Lions with 20 points (7G, 13A) in 15 career games against Wisconsin, including his red-hot performance in a three-game playoff series in 2019, where he recorded five goals and two assists for seven points. Limoges also had a career best four points with four assists in a game at the Kohl Center in 2018.
- Senior Sam Sternschein added five goals and a few assists for seven points against the Badgers in 14 games as a junior Paul DeNaples also celebrates the Badgers who have scored two of his five career goals against Wisconsin while adding five assists for seven points in 11 games.
- The Badgers come home through Michigan last Thursday and Friday and are now 2-2-0 on the year, but are at the top of the Big Ten with seven points and a 2-2-0-1 record.
- Wisconsin is returning six of its top 10 scorers from a season ago, including top scorer and Big Ten Freshman of the Year Cole Caufield. The first round of the Montreal Canadiens led the team with 19 goals and 36 points in 2019-20 and has four points (all assists) in the first four games of 2020-21.
- The Badgers lost three players to the NHL early on when defenders Wyatt Kalynuk and K’Andre Miller, along with forward Alex Turcotte, each scored their off-season entry-level contracts. Forward Sean Dhooghe was then transferred to the state of Arizona.
- Senior Linus Weissbach has led the Badgers so far this season with five points out of a few goals and three assists.
- Sophomore and 2020 first-round pick Dylan Holloway scored a few goals in the Badgers opening weekend sweep of Notre Dame, but has since left to be part of Canada’s training camp for the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championships and will not return to the Badgers until January.
- Wisconsin opened the season with three all-new goalkeepers on its roster, but appears to have found a solid option in the transfer of graduate Robbie Beydoun, who started all four games for the Badgers this season with a 2.22 goals-against. average and a .929 save percentage. .
- The Badgers are 4-of-14 on the power play so far this season, third in the Big Ten with 28.6 percent, while their horsepower is 7-of-10 with 70 percent, a good spot for fifth in the conference.
JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL
- Sophomore Kevin Wall had just seven points out of a few goals and five assists in 26 games last season, but he’s already matched his 2019-20 goal in the first two games of 2020-21, scoring in every game against Minnesota last week.
- Wall is now riding a career-best three-game point / goal streak dating back to last season.
- All four of Wall’s career goals and six of his nine points (4G, 2A) have fallen against the Gophers in six games, while he has only three points in 22 games against non-Minnesota teams.
- With the graduation of Peyton JonesFor the first time in four years, Penn State has an opening in the net and both junior Oskar Autio and freshman Liam Souliere started a game against Minnesota last week. Both looked strong making quality saves and closing down good scoring opportunities.
- Penn State returns home after a week on the road, where they will host the sixth-placed Michigan Wolverines at the Pegula Ice Arena on December 2 and 3.
For more information on the 2020-21 season presented by the Penn State Bookstore: The Official Penn State Athletics Bookstore, visit the men’s hockey page on GoPSUsports.com or call 1-800-NITTANY Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm hour
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]