Join the women’s communications and external relations team!
Since 1993, Women for Women International, a global NGO, has invested in the power of over 500,000 women who have been forgotten as women survivors of war and conflict. We support them in learning the social and economic skills they need to rebuild their lives, their families and communities.
Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations. Women who enroll in our program in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan break the isolation of war and conflict. They gain access to the knowledge, resources, and tools they need to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks of support.
Over the next ten years, our goal is to scale our impact to improve the lives of millions of the most marginalized women affected by war and conflict. Our vision is to create a world in which all women determine the course of their lives and reach their full potential.
We know that women pass on their knowledge to neighbors and children, creating a ripple effect for generations. By investing in women, we create a better world for all of us, a more equal, peaceful and prosperous world.
This is the power of women, for women.
Summary of work
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Communications Officer, serving as a content writer and helping to create communications campaign strategies to meet marketing and fundraising goals.
The Communications Officer is responsible for writing compelling content for WfWI’s external channels with a focus on digital content, ensuring brand integrity in external communications to engage WfWIs supporters.
- As a Content Creator, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders and influencers (strategy, content management and creative teams) to create digital-first content, sourced treatments/scripts/lists and then viewing content until distribution.
- Write engaging content for blogs, annual reports, brochures, case studies, videos and speeches for WfWI spokespersons.
- Develop compelling content that drives engagement for global campaigns.
- Source and support the creation of timely social media content to educate diverse audiences about key campaigns.
- Write and collaborate with other writers and designers, across departments and externally, to create compelling pieces of storytelling for digital and print channels, with appropriate visuals, that demonstrate the impact of WfWIs work, engage supporters including new donors (individuals , foundations, institutions and corporations ) as well as retain existing supporters.
Project and team collaborations
Work with the brand and integrated communications manager to:
- Execute editorial content calendar.
- Identify the impact angles of the story.
- Ensure alignment and consistency in brand messaging, voice and tone.
- Update website using Drupal CMS.
- Create content style and messaging guidelines to ensure content is consistent and clear across channels and geographies.
Work with the Social Media Officer to:
- Help build and write content for social media touching on trending topics in the media.
- Identify content to produce, including videos, a plethora of photos, gifs, short clips, streaming stories.
- Support media relations and content creation for external events as needed.
- Be highly proactive and strategic in identifying and managing storytelling opportunities across the organization.
- Research any given topic to create relevant blog articles.
- Interview Country Office staff to write OpEds, Blogs on their behalf.
- Interview WfWIs’ NGO partners to identify storytelling opportunities and come up with content ideas based on the information gathered that can be used on the website, social media, email marketing, etc.
- Optimize articles for SEO and accessibility.
- Identify gaps in content and recommend new topics related to the content calendar.
- Write, edit and proofread impactful stories.
- Edit and proofread email marketing and direct mail content supporting the Marketing team.
- Research, test and suggest innovative ways WfWI can connect with current and wider audiences.
- Make sure our brand voice is consistent.
- Distill complex concepts and language into easily understood content.
- Stay up to date on nonprofit trends to support content development.
- Stay current on trending news, especially related to international development, humanitarian aid, human rights, communication best practices and digital technologies.
- Manage and complete work on time for multiple content writing projects.
- Meeting deadlines and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The preferred location for this role is Washington, DC or New York
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, English or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of proven experience working as a copywriter or creative content writer with a focus on digital content.
- Experience writing for various channels including web, email, print, social media, etc.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills in English, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Exhibit an innovative mindset, always looking for ways to evolve and introduce new content offerings, initiating new content ideas and creating.
- Video scripting and/or speech experience.
- Experience with CMS and SEO strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of social analytics tools and reporting, preferably Sprout Social, Hootsuite.
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to details.
- Creative and analytical minded.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Work experience in non-profit international communications or marketing.
- Experience working with Drupal Content Management System.
- Experience using Adobe Premiere templates, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite and designing in Canva.
- Interest in women’s issues and international development.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- May require bending, lifting, standing, sitting, computer work, etc.
*This job description may be modified from time to time at the discretion of WfWI.
All our staff are required to adhere to the WfWI Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability.
At Women for Women International, we know that our people and organizational culture provide the foundation to achieve our mission. Diversity, equality and inclusion (DEI) is central to everything we do. Read our commitment to DEI.
How to apply
We will review applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible through this portal or our careers page here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic. protected by law.
Women for International Women
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- Bollywood: Why Arjun Kapoor took so long to reveal his relationship with Malaika Arora – News August 11, 2022
- Visual Support Production Supervisor (Windows Projects and Special Stores), full-time: 59th Street job with Bloomingdale’s August 11, 2022
- Analysis: Is Netflix the envy of Hollywood? Not enough August 11, 2022
- Cricket Cranes lose to Kenya in 3rd game of ICC Challenge League B in Jersey CRICKET August 11, 2022
- M5.1 earthquake hits Japan’s Hokkaido, no tsunami warning issued August 11, 2022