Six people have tested positive for the new coronavirus, Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) officials reported on Monday.
The new cases bring the total number of cases in the region to 756, of which 678 people have been cured. Fifty-seven people died, most recently on June 12th.
There are at least 21 known active cases in the region. The last time six new cases were reported in London and Middlesex was on 18 August.
All six are in their 20s and from London, the health unit figures show. Four are men and two are women.
The health unit reported five cases Sunday, including four people in their 20s. Two cases were reported Saturday, both involving people in their 20s, along with a recovery.
The coronavirus outbreak declared as 5 Western University students a positive test
At least two of Monday’s cases involve Western students. They are among five college students who tested positive for the virus over the weekend, including three on Saturday.
As a result, the health unit declared an outbreak of the COVID-19 community on Sunday, saying it was anticipating additional cases as health officials continued to track contacts.
According to the health unit, students did not participate in classroom or campus activities and “live in the community”, however, they had “a number of interactions” in downtown bars and restaurants, as well as interactions with other students in the units of neighboring housing.
It is not clear which institutions the students visited and when. The health unit says it is advising anyone who may have frequented downtown clubs, bars and restaurants to monitor themselves for symptoms.
People in their 20s make up the largest case group in the region, accounting for 170, or slightly more than 22 percent of the region’s cases. People in their 50s make up 113 cases, while people 80 years and older 108.
Patron of London, Ont., Nightclub tests are positive for coronavirus
Student-related cases are the latest in the city to be linked in some way to downtown bars and restaurants.
Over the weekend, Lost Love Social House, a nightclub located near Richmond and Carling streets, announced on Facebook that it would close for a deep clean-up after a defender who attended the scene on Wednesday informed management that they had tested positive. for the virus.
It was not clear when the nightclub planned to reopen, but the Facebook post stated that staff would undergo COVID-19 testing and be isolated until their results were returned. Other patrons who visited the club on September 9 were also encouraged to be tested.
Just the day before, the health unit announced a defender of El Furniture Warehouse, a bar and restaurant on Richmond Row, had tested positive.
The individual had participated in the creation between midnight and 2 a.m., Labor Day. While the risk to other clients was assessed as low, other clients who were there within that time frame were advised to monitor for symptoms.
News of confirmed Western cases, along with cases at Lost Love and El Furniture Warehouse, spurred long queues on the test campus trailer on Monday.
The trailer opened last week and runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The lines were also long at the COVID-19 health unit assessment centers. More than 100 vehicles could be seen lined up around the block waiting to enter the Oakridge Arena rating center Monday morning.
[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]
Similar lines were also reported in Carling Heights country, on Monday and over the weekend. The facility is the only assessment center open on weekends.
Monday also marked the return to school of many students with the region’s public school board.
At 11:35, the health unit cicerone the waiting time at the two assessment centers was between three and four hours.
Canadians need to stay vigilant against coronavirus to avoid another blockage, Trudeau says
At least 700 of the case regions have been reported in London, while 26 have been in Strathroy-Caradoc and 12 in the Middlesex Center.
Mike Pence withdraws from Trump fundraising organized by QAnon supporters
Guaranteed basic income appears as the main policy priority for Liberal MPs among COVID-19
Seven cases have been at Thames Center, six in North Middlesex, four in Lucan Biddulph and one in Southwest Middlesex.
As of Monday, the average of the seven-day regions for new cases stands at 2.7, from 1.28 on Friday. Looking at 14 days after August 31, the average is 1.71.
Cases of regions for the 100,000 rate stand at 149.0 as of Monday, while Ontario is 299.4.
Ontario ‘losing ground’ in fight against COVID-19, warns hospital association
An institutional blast remains active in the region as of Monday. The spread, on the fourth floor of the Chelsey Park Retirement Community, was declared active on September 9th.
There have been at least 28 reported outbreaks during the pandemic, including 22 at local nursing homes. The blasts are linked to 191 cases of the region and 35 of its deaths.
Explosions, including those not involving nursing homes, are the largest source of transmission, with 259 cases reported.
At least 115 people had to be hospitalized during the pandemic, including 32 who need to be admitted to intensive care, according to the health unit.
It is not clear how many, if any, hospital cases are currently active as health officials have not made that information available. The London Center for Health Sciences (LHSC) says only that the number of hospitalized cases is currently five or fewer.
Provincially, Ontario reported 313 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday and one death.
There were also 133 newly listed cases resolved in the last 24 hours.
The total number of cases in Ontario now stands at 44,817, which includes 2,816 deaths and 39,974 cases classified as resolved.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says nearly 80 percent of Ontario cases are from three regions.
Ontario reports 313 new coronavirus cases marking biggest increase since early June
She says Toronto is reporting 112 cases, while 71 are in Peel and 60 are in Ottawa.
Elliott says almost 70 percent of Monday cases are in people under the age of 40.
The province says Monday that a student and a staff member also tested positive for COVID-19, bringing it to a total of 15 school-related cases.
The head of the Ontario Hospital Association is warning that rising COVID-19 case rates could lead to another provincial stalemate.
OHA President Anthony Dale says accelerated provincial levels in Toronto, Peel and Ottawa could spread to the rest of Ontario if people do not follow public health guidelines.
Elgin and Oxford
Two people have tested positive for the new coronavirus, Southwest Public Health (SWPH) officials reported on Monday.
The update brings the total confirmed number of the region to 258, of which 248 people have recovered. Five people have also died, a list that has not changed since July 3rd.
At least five cases are known to be active in the region, according to the health unit. Four of the cases are in Woodstock while one is in Bayham.
Three cases involve people in their 20s, while one involves a person in their 50s and another in their 60s. Health unit figures show that active cases involve four men and one woman.
It is not clear how all individuals became infected. The health unit says that at least one case relates to exposure in the workplace.
The next pandemic will be more damaging if lessons are not learned from COVID-19, the panel says
Health officials reported no change on Sunday, one case on Saturday and one case and one recovery on Friday.
According to the municipality, Aylmer reported the highest number of cases with 82 an incident rate equivalent to 1,094 cases per 100,000 people, compared to St. Louis. Thomas who has reported 37 cases and has an incident rate of 95.1 per 100,000.
Bayham reported 38 cases, Woodstock 26, Tillsonburg 25, Dutton / Dunwich 10 and Norwich eight.
Test figures were not immediately available.
The health unit says the region’s test positive percentage was zero as of the week of August 30th.
Huron and Perth
Figures updated by Huron Perth Public Health were not yet available at the time of publication.
The health unit does not issue updates on weekends. On Friday, the total number of cases in the regions was 124, with 117 recoveries. Five people have died.
There were at least two known active cases in the region.
Trudeau Cabinet to discuss economic recovery as coronavirus cases rise across Canada
At least 45 cases have been reported in Perth County, including 16 in North Perth and 15 in Perth East.
Elsewhere, at least 44 cases have been reported in Huron County, including 13 in Central Huron, 12 in Bluewater and 10 in South Huron.
In Stratford, 29 cases were reported, along with four deaths, while in St. Marys, six cases and one death have been reported.
People in their 20s remain the largest group of cases by age 26, followed by people in their 50s and 60s with 22 each.
Sarnia and Lambton
No new cases, deaths or recoveries were reported late Sunday by health officials with Lambton Public Health.
The total number of confirmed cases reported in the region remains at 343, of which 314 people have recovered. Twenty-five people also died, most recently in early June.
There are at least four known active cases in the region. It is unclear where the cases are in the county, as the health unit has refused to release such information, including past cases.
A new case was reported late Saturday, and no change was reported late Friday.
Trump holds internal campaign rally in Nevada despite coronavirus threat
There are no active explosions in the region. At least 10 were reported during the pandemic, including eight in nursing homes, one in Bluewater Health and one in an unspecified workplace.
The blasts are linked to 109 cases in the region and 16 deaths. A majority of those cases, and all 16 deaths, occurred in Landmark Village and Vision Nursing Home.
The health unit says at least 24,948 tests have been taken since late Sunday and at least 1.4 percent of the tests are coming back positive.
With files from Kelly Wang and The Canadian Press
See link »
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]