Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Tuesday that ongoing investigations will uncover more people responsible for corrupt activities at the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth).
Guevarra gave assurances in response to the concern expressed by some senators that the DOJ-led PhilHealth Task Force did not recommend filing criminal complaints against Health Secretary Francisco Duque III and other PhilHealth officials.
Our report is only about our initial findings, he said.
Further investigations will be conducted and more people could be charged, he added.
The PhilHealth Task Force has already submitted its 177-page report to President Duterte on Monday regarding its investigation into abnormalities in the state health insurer.
Guevarra had previously assured that even after the task force report was submitted, the composite teams it formed will continue to investigate and build cases related to corrupt activities at PhilHealth.
In its report, the task force recommended filing criminal charges against former PhilHealth president and chief executive Ricardo Morales; Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer Amel De Jesus; Senior Vice Presidents Jovita Aragona, Renato Limsiaco Jr. and Israel Francis Pargas; Charge d’Affaires Calixto Gabuya; and Division Chief Bobby Crisostomo.
Senate President Vicente Sotto III on Tuesday expressed concern that the report does not recommend filing charges against Duque, who chairs the PhilHealths board and PhilHealth Senior Vice President for Legal Sector Rodolfo Del Rosario Jr.
The Senate General Committee, chaired by Sotto, has already issued a report on its investigation into the anomalies in PhilHealth and recommended that criminal cases be brought against Duque, Morales and other PhilHealth officials.
N SNSHRONI NLE BULLETIN EP DARDITSHM
CLICK HERE NS SIGNATURE