Connect with us

International

BJP commits ‘Shahid tarpan’ for slain party activists

Published

on


BJP, Shahid tarpan, TMC, Kolkata Police, Baghbazar ghat, Mahalaya, COVID-19, Kailash Vijayvargiya, BJP workersBJP has carried out ‘massive tarpan’ since 2019 for party workers killed in political violence in West Bengal in recent years. (Representative image)

BJP interpreted ‘Shahid Tarpan’ for its activists killed in a Ganga ghat in the city on Wednesday, although Kolkata Police expelled many of them sparking a political confrontation between the ruling TMC and the saffron party.

Unclear BJP workers changed location from Baghbazar ghat north of Kolkata, Tarpan site, to nearby Golabari ghat and performed the ritual on the eve of Mahalaya despite efforts by city police to prevent the program from being held.

Kolkata police cited the prevailing COVID-19 situation for its action and destroyed a stage set up for Shahid Tarpan.

The IMC and BJP accused each other of trying to extract political mileage from a purely religious exercise, and the issue plunged into a major political row.

‘Tarpan’ is a Hindu ritual in which water is offered to ancestors with prayers for peace for departed souls.

“BJP had not received permission for the event. “So we decided to stop the program and dismantle the scene,” said a police official.

City police set up barricades outside Bagbazar Ghat to prevent BJP activists from entering the area.

BJP denied the allegation saying she had sent a mail to Kolkata Police on Tuesday evening informing her of the program.

The development sparked a war of words between BJP and TMC who accused each other of communalizing the issue.

BJP National Secretary-General Kailash Vijayvargiya, who was stopped by police from attending the event, accused the TMC government in West Bengal of working only for the benefit of 30 per cent of the state’s minority population, leaving out 70 per cent of Hindus. take care of themselves. “

He claimed that the state administration tries to create obstacles for any program or ritual related to Hinduism.

“The state government works for only 30 percent of the state (minority) population. The remaining 70 percent (Hindu population) are left to fend for themselves.

“Why is this government against Hinduism and its rituals?” Police stopped our party workers from carrying out tarpan. “Later, we had to organize it somewhere else,” he said.

Referring to the imposition of a nationwide blockade on August 5, Pujan bhoomi day in Ayodhya for the Ram temple, Vijayvargiya claimed that the TMC government creates obstacles for any program related to Hinduism.

“Once we vote for power in West Bengal next year, we will work for the entire population of the state and not just for a specific community,” he told reporters after being prevented by police from entering Bagbazar Ghat.

Assembly elections will be held in West Bengal in April-May next year. Asked about BJP not seeking prior permission, Vijayvargiya said the party had sent a mail to the police last night.

“Do we need permission to carry out ‘tarpan’ for our slain workers?” It is a Hindu ritual that is being performed for ages. But again, we had sent an email to the police last night asking for permission for the program, “he said. Reacting to the allegation, TMC general secretary Partha Chatterjee said the BJP was trying to communicate the matter.

“No one was stopped from offering Tarpan. Police had stopped the congregation of BJP workers due to the pandemic and they had not obtained any permission. “There are no restrictions on performing the Tarpan ritual. “BJP is spreading canaries and trying to communalize the issue in which they are very good,” Chatterjee said.

BJP has carried out ‘massive tarpan’ since 2019 for party workers killed in political violence in West Bengal in recent years.

JP Nadda, the then national president of the BJP, had carried out the ‘massive tarpan’ for party workers killed in September last year.

Get Direct Stock Awards from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, Mutual Funds portfolio, calculate your tax from Profit Tax Calculator, know the markets top winners, top losers and best equity funds. Like us in Facebook and follow us further tweet.

Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay up to date with the latest Biz news and updates.



What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online

LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos



picture credit

ExBUlletin

to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]

Please disable the ad-blocker on this page to see the content

plus