It was reported on Monday (April 5th) that Singapore mainstream media has remained largely silent on the success of Leong Sze Hians crowd funding to raise the full damages awarded by the Singapore Supreme Court to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for just 11 days.
Instead of publishing the news in its main newspapers, SPH has chosen to post the news on its AsiaOne internet platform (‘Singaporean blogger pays $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case‘).
Mr Leong, a financial adviser and blogger, began his bid to fund the crowd on March 25 after the Supreme Court ordered a sum of $ 133,000 S to be paid to Prime Minister Lee for defamation suit filed against him by the Prime Minister Lee.
He was able to raise the amount, thanks to public support. However, he would still have to pay for the various costs arising from the legal cost and court fees.
While local media in Singapore are reluctant to publish the news of Mr. Leong’s success in raising $ 133,000 S from the Singaporean public much, he has been taken by the media worldwide:
- Bloomberg – Singapore blogger Crowdfunds $ 100,000 to pay the prime minister’s ransom
- The Star, Malaysia – Singaporean blogger pays US $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- Reuters – Singaporean blogger pays $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- Asia Times, HK – Singaporeans standing on Lees slander law
- South China Morning Post, HK – Opposition politician in Singapore orders Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to pay $ 99,000 in defamation case
- Le Figaro, France – Singapore: a blogger collects 84,000 euros in compensation owed to the Prime Minister through a pot (Singapore: a blogger collects 84,000 euros in compensation owed to the Prime Minister)
- Yahoo! – Singapore blogger crowd fund pays $ 133,000 S to pay PM’s ransom
- Jakarta Post, Indonesia – Blogger from Singapore pays $ 100,000 to pay damages for defamation
- Overview Pune, India – Sued by the Prime Minister of Singapore, the blogger collects $ 1L online to pay damages
- The Tribune, India – Singaporean blogger pays $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- Indian Express i Ri, India – Singaporean blogger pays $ 100,000 to pay defamation damages to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
- Bangkok Post, Thailand – The Singaporean blogger ordered to pay B3.1 million for defaming the Prime Minister
- Barron, SH.BA – Singapore blogger Crowdfunds $ 100,000 to pay defamation damages to PM
- KELO Newstalk, SH.BA – Singaporean blogger pays $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- US News – Singapore blogger Crowdfunds $ 99,000 to pay prime minister damages in defamation case
- Express Tribune, Pakistan – Singaporean blogger pays $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- Wion News, India – Blogger from Singapore pays $ 133,000 SUR for PM Loongs’s reward
- NDTV, India – “We hit 133k”: Indicted by Singapore Prime Minister Blogger Crowdfunds to pay damages
- Dubai Eye, United Arab Emirates – SINGAPORE BLOGGER CROWDFUNDS $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages in defamation case
- British Herald, United Kingdom – Singaporean blogger starts funding $ 99,000 to pay PM’s damages over defamation case
Moreover, it is worth noting that the international news agency Bloomberg said in its article that it has reached out to Prime Minister Lee but “the Office of the Prime Minister declined to comment.”
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]