Queensland Health is investigating the following outbreaks of Salmonella associated with contact with backyard poultry. COVID-19 Rapid increase in household poultry house during lockdown..
- Five children hospitalized for bacterial disease
- Authorities have asked chicken owners to never allow children to kiss or snuggle birds.
- Chicken breeders reported a surge in demand among lockdown panic buying
Last week, 17 cases were reported across the state, primarily in children. Thirteen of them were under the age of 11.
Five children became very ill with bacterial disease and needed to be hospitalized.
Most of the incidents involved the handling of chicks purchased from various produce and pet stores in the state two weeks ago, officials said.
According to the Queensland Department of Health, eight were in southeast Queensland, six were in central Queensland, and three were in the north.
Dr Arn Richards, deputy infectious disease agent at Queensland Health, said an investigation into chick suppliers to stores in these areas is ongoing.
“Backyard poultry can hide and shed salmonella, which causes disease in humans, even though the birds are healthy and clean,” Dr. Richards said.
Salmonella normally live in the intestines of animals and humans and are excreted through faeces.
Humans are most often infected through contaminated water and food.
Dr. Richards said fever and stomach cramps can usually be felt within 6 to 72 hours of bacterial exposure.
The poisoning that occurs is not generally considered severe, but can be fatal to certain people, including infants and the elderly.
Queensland poultry producers report flooding households after people turned to backyard chalk for egg supplies after the coronavirus was shut down in March.
It was spurred by a staple panic buying that saw supermarket shelves emptying staples.
Here are some public health tips for backyard poultry owners:
- Always wash your hands with soap and running water immediately after touching the chicken or egg.
- Bacteria live in the enclosure and roam, so wash your hands without touching the animals
- Do not allow children to snuggle, kiss, touch the mouth, eat or drink around the chicken
- Do not allow chickens in the house
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Play Bluey and Dead Island 2 now, and more coming soon
- Joe Biden hopes for a ceasefire in the Israel-Gaza war by next week BBC News
- Ukrainian National Police denounces Defense Ministry officials accused of embezzlement
- Samsung has the honor of developing its own smart ring after debuting Galaxy Ring
- The biggest threat to Indonesian democracy? It's not Prabowo, it's the oligarchy
- Star Trek: Discovery actor Kenneth Mitchell dies at 49
- Denver is rising in the latest Power 5 rankings for men's college hockey
- Climate Solutions Award: Tech Challenge Continental Honors Winner for Sustainable Materials Pioneers
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and his wife plead not guilty in corruption case
- PM Modi will today reveal the names of 4 pilots chosen for Gaganyaan; to launch 3 space projects worth Rs 1,800 crore | News from India
- Shahid Kapoor Slams Bollywood 'Camps', Says Foreigners Not Easily Accepted: 'I Hate Being Bullied…'
- Zendaya wore a navel cutout dress to the 'Dune 2' premiere