Respiratory viruses commonly cause illness such as flu, COVID-19 and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), especially in the fall and winter. The Tulsa Health Departments reminds residents to take preventive measures to stay safe and healthy.
What Is RSV?
Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. However, it can be dangerous for babies, toddlers and older adults and lead to serious illness or hospitalization.
For others who are less likely to get a severe RSV illness, everyday preventive actions can reduce the likelihood of spreading RSV. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious. Infants and older adults are more likely to develop severe RSV and need hospitalization.
RSV Vaccine for Certain Populations
Preventive options such as immunizations help protect certain groups at high risk of severe RSV. FDA-approved immunizations are available to protect you from severe RSV. Talk to your healthcare provider to see if it’s right for you.
- If you are pregnant, you can get an RSV vaccine between 32–36 weeks of pregnancy to protect your infant after birth.
- Infants younger than 8 months who are born during or entering the RSV season, and for some children age 8 through 19 months who are at increased risk for severe RSV disease and entering their second RSV season can receive a preventive immunization.
- If you are age 60 or older, a vaccine is available to protect you from severe RSV.
What RSV vaccines are available at THD?
THD is offering RSV vaccines to certain at-risk population groups at this time. Please keep checking back throughout this season for updates on vaccine status.
- Adults: THD is offering the Abrysvo vaccine approved for adults age 60 and up. It is also recommended for pregnant people 32 through 36 weeks of pregnancy.
- Infants: THD is offering the Nirsevimab (Beyfortus) vaccine approved for for infants younger than 8 months and for some children age 8 through 19 months, but only to children eligible to receive vaccines through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program*. Private pay or clients with private insurance are not eligible at this time. Infants must be accompanied by their parent or guardian to receive immunizations.
- THD is also offering the updated flu and COVID-19 vaccines that can be done in the same visit.
*Vaccines for Children (VCF) program provides immunizations to children through age 18 years at no charge if any of the following apply: they are uninsured, Medicaid eligible, Native American Indian, Native Alaskan or their insurance policy does not cover vaccines.
Everyday Preventive Measures to Limit the Spread of RSV
You can take everyday prevention measures to help reduce the spread of RSV and other respiratory illnesses.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your shirt sleeve, not your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with others, such as kissing, shaking hands, and sharing cups and eating utensils.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs and mobile devices.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- LA grants $1M for Hollywood Welcome Center, public restrooms – Daily News
- Knockout phase in sight at table tennis team worlds | Sport
- Your definitive recap of London Fashion Week FW24
- Will Xi Jinping solve his biggest problem?
- Trump compares his indictments to Navalny's imprisonment and death
- Actor Jesse Eisenberg spotted making pizza at Morristown restaurant
- Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson asked for $1 million to debate Tucker Carlson
- 5 times Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh talked about becoming parents | Bollywood
- 2023-24 Great Lakes Hockey All-Conference Teams Announced | WJMN
- February 2024 MR Magazine spotlights New York's trendsetters
- US vetoes UN resolution calling for immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza
- Tom Sandoval Sorry for Scandoval OJ Simpson, George Floyd Comparison – The Hollywood Reporter