According to a recent poll, almost half of all adults in the United States report that a pandemic has worsened their mental health. Unfortunately, the measures taken to protect public health, such as closing schools, limiting staff, closing businesses, and moving away from society, have left isolation and loneliness. Cause further.
Here are some situations where isolation can be particularly detrimental to an individual’s mental health:
• Behavioral or developmental disorders: People with learning, language, physical movement or behavioral disabilities are at increased risk of anxiety and depression and can be exacerbated by isolation from others.
• Caregivers: During a pandemic, caring for an older parent or sick child can be particularly isolated. Keeping households safe from exposure to COVID-19 can mean that caregivers take on more work on their own rather than finding relief from outside assistance.
• Children: Due to the interruption of grades, many children may miss the social interactions that result from traditional activities. Adolescents at high risk of depression may experience greater reactions to new social limits.
• Grief of Loss: Losing family and friends is difficult in all circumstances, but pandemics make grief even more difficult due to travel and large gathering restrictions. Not being able to say goodbye or completely mourn someone’s loss can be traumatic.
• History of depression or anxiety: People with a history of depression and anxiety are at increased risk of adverse effects from isolation during a pandemic.
• Elderly: Adults over the age of 65 are at increased risk of being severely ill with COVID-19, and many need to take special precautions to stay away from others. Elderly people can be particularly isolated because of their high risk of depression and the lack of face-to-face support from friends and family.
During this time, stress and change can be difficult to manage, so individuals should prioritize self-management to maximize their feelings. Here are some tips:
• Avoid drugs and alcohol.
• Connect with friends and family through phone, chat and video calls.
• Eat a healthy diet.
• Establish and maintain routines.
• Regular exercise.
• Get enough sleep.
• Take a break from news and social media.
Signs of pain
It is important to be aware of when the action mechanism is not working. Anyone who has consistently experienced these signs of distress or feels unable to perform normal functions should seek help:
• Changes in appetite, energy or activity levels.
• Difficult to concentrate.
• Feelings of numbness, anxiety, and fear.
• Headache, body aches, stomach problems, or other physical reactions.
• Increased use of substances such as tobacco, drugs and alcohol.
• Exacerbation of chronic health problems.
Individuals should contact their healthcare provider to discuss their mental health concerns and potential treatment options. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available in English at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and in Spanish at 1-888-628-9454.
Dr. Christing Legory (DO) is the Director of Behavioral Health Medicine at Blue Cross Blue Shield, Michigan.See below for mental health tips AHealthierMichigan.org..
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]