Toms River, NJ — Ocean County Health Department hosts an influenza vaccine clinic on Saturday at the gymnasium north of Toms River High School.
Shots are available from 10 am to 2 pm but must be booked on the Health Department website. www.ochd.org..
Influenza vaccinations are provided to all residents of Ocean County at no out-of-pocket costs, and health officials say due to the expected effects of the influenza season and the ongoing coronavirus pandemic in local hospitals. We urge residents to get a flu shot.
The number of coronavirus infections has increased in both Ocean County and throughout the state in recent weeks, and state health officials have also increased the number of people in need of hospitalization and intensive care unit care. It states. According to the state’s COVID-19 website, 728 people were hospitalized for the coronavirus, with 178 in the intensive care unit and 60 on the ventilator as of Friday.
If you can’t go to the clinic on Saturday, the County Health Department will schedule a clinic at the following dates and times:
- October 20: 10 am-2pm, Brick Senior Center / VFW Post 8867, 373 Adamston Road, Brick
- October 22: 10 am-2pm, Ocean County Fire and EMS Training Center, 200 Volunteer Way, Waretown
- October 27: 10 am-2pm, Edward Thornton Community Center, 319 West Calabreze Way, Little Egg Harbor
- October 29: 10 am-2pm, Stafford Recreation Center, 25 Pine Street, Mana Hawkin
- November 5: 10 am-2pm, Folk River Colombian Club, 15 East Lacy Road, Folk River
- November 7: Ocean County Fire and EMS Training Center on 200 Volunteer Way in Waretown from 10am to 2pm
- November 10: 10 am-2pm, Jackson Township Senior Center, 45 Don Connor Boulevard, Jackson
- November 12: 10 am-2pm, Stafford Recreation Center, 25 Pine Street, Mana Hawkin
- November 17: 10 am-2pm, Edward Thornton Community Center, 319 West Calabreeze Way, Little Egg Harbor
- November 19: 10 am-2pm, Brick Senior Center / VFW Post 8867, 373 Adamston Road, Brick
- November 21: 10 am-2pm, RWJ Barnabas Health Arena, 1245 Old Freehold Road, Toms River
- November 23: 10 am-2pm, Ocean County Fire and EMS Training Center, 200 Volunteer Way, Waretown
- December 1: 10 am-2pm, Folk River Colombian Club, 15 East Lacy Road, Folk River
- December 3: Berkeley Township from 10am to 2pm (site undecided)
- December 5: 10 am-2pm, RWJ Barnabas Health Arena, 1245 Old Freehold Road, Toms River
- December 8: 10 am-2pm, Edward Thornton Community Center, 319 West Calabreeze Way, Little Egg Harbor
- December 10: 10 am-2pm, Ocean County Fire and EMS Training Center, 200 Volunteer Way, Waretown
- December 15: 10 am-2pm, Jackson Township Senior Center, 45 Don Connor Boulevard, Jackson
- December 17: 10 am-2pm, County Connection (Ocean County Mall), 1201 Hooper Avenue, Toms River
The health department has also provided a list of flu facts to remember.
- Everyone over the age of 6 months should be vaccinated against seasonal flu every year.
- Children under 6 months are at increased risk of severe flu, but are too young to be vaccinated. Those who care about them should be vaccinated instead.
- Vaccination is especially important for pregnant women and people with chronic illnesses.
- Influenza vaccine protects against several different influenza viruses. Influenza vaccines are updated annually to improve compatibility with commonly available viruses.
- Even if you get the flu vaccine, you will not get the flu. Vaccines are made of non-infectious, inert (killed) viral strains.
When you get the flu vaccine, you get:
- Help keep you away from the medical setting.
- Reduces the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- COVID-19 Helps save medical resources needed to care for patients.
- Helps protect front-line healthcare and other essential workers.
- Influenza vaccines are an easy way to help “flatten the epidemic” of influenza.
OCHD also provides a general COVID-19 information call hotline for residents and clinicians to answer questions about coronavirus and flu. The number is 732-341-9700 or (800) 342-9738 extension. 7411. Download the vaccine information statement at CDC.Gov/Vaccines/hcp/vis.
For more information, call 732-341-9700 or 800-342-9738 ext. Please visit 7411 or www.ochd.org.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]