The most important thing you can do to protect your child’s health this winter is to get a flu shot. Influenza vaccines are important every year, but the threat of COVID-19 will make them even more important in 2020.
You may not know that, but for healthy children, influenza poses a greater threat to complications than COVID-19. Infants and children with underlying illness are also at increased risk of complications from both influenza and COVID. In fact, last year, millions of children across the country got the flu. Many were hospitalized and 166 children died.
Both COVID and influenza are infectious respiratory viruses, but they are caused by different viruses. Complicating this year’s situation is the similar symptoms of COVID and the flu. Tests are needed to diagnose them. And both can spread throughout the community.
Both influenza and COVID-19 are spread by droplets, and at the onset, influenza and COVID have similar symptoms that are common.
• Fever, chills
• Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
• Vomiting and diarrhea
• sore throat
• Runny nose, stuffy nose
• Body aches
It takes time for COVID to show symptoms. Influenza is transmitted only the day before the symptoms and continues to be transmitted for 1 to 4 days after infection. COVID is more contagious, the child is asymptomatic and can spread the disease 2 days before symptoms. It remains contagious for 5 to 14 days after the onset of symptoms.
Complications from both influenza and COVID are:
• Respiratory failure
• Inflamed heart, brain and muscles
Therefore, it is imperative that children be vaccinated against the flu this season. Influenza vaccination is effective and reduces the risk of children suffering from serious flu complications.
Here are some recommendations for parents during this flu season:
• Have children over 6 months vaccinated against the flu. Vaccines give children the immunity they need. Both flu shots and nasal vaccines are available for children.
• Engage all adults in home flu shots. Set a good example for your child.
• If you have a runny nose or other symptoms, send your child home from school.
• Contact your pediatrician if your child has a fever or symptoms. You can also access them through virtual visits.
Both influenza and COVID are highly contagious and spread rapidly, requiring the entire family to take the following additional precautions:
• Teach children and the whole family to wash their hands frequently and keep them away from their faces
• Wear a mask in public
• Practice social distance
• Avoid large crowds with children
• Clean the surface of your home frequently
• Protect high-risk families from sick people this winter
In the past, it was encouraged to book a flu shot, but this year, book in advance at a flu shot clinic or pediatrician’s clinic to ensure a safe and socially distant visit. Ask parents to do so.
• Children’s health is an ongoing series. Dr. Frank Belmonte is a pediatrician and chief medical officer at Advocate Children’s Hospital.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- 'A wild fishing expedition': AOC thwarts impeachment of GOP leader Hunter Biden
- This 'Good Wife' Spinoff Is an Offbeat Murder Mystery SeriesExBulletin
- Princeton University
- Paris Fashion Week mixes history and future in fall ready-to-wear collections
- Trump says he may have to sell properties to pay $454 million fine
- Erdogan again offers Ukraine and Russia “peace talks” in Turkey
- Reviews | Why authoritarians like Saddam Hussein confuse American presidents
- Dan Lin to replace Scott Stuber as director of Netflix film
- Google Maps finally releases at-a-glance route directions
- Study shows marijuana use is associated with increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Imran Khan's party urges IMF to take Pakistan's instability into account in negotiations: sources
- PM Narendra Modi: PM to inaugurate HURL factory in Sindri on March 1 | Ranchi News