Denver (CBS4) – More than one-third of Colorado’s hospitals and facilities expect a staff shortage next week, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Over 50 new COVID-19 hospitalizations were reported across the state on Wednesday, bringing the total to 1,428.
Of the 1,809 ICU beds available in Colorado, 1,547 or 86% are currently in use. CDPHE reports that 262 ICU beds are available at facilities throughout the state.
If the prevalence continues at current rates, state epidemiologists predict that Colorado will exceed hospital capacity between mid-December and late December.
Three alternative care sites are still available and ready to operate in case of hospital room shortages. State officials have installed overflow beds at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, the St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo, and the St. Anthony North Family Medicine on 84th Avenue in Westminster.
On November 13, Governor Jared Polis Executive order Instruct the general hospital to submit to the state a plan that includes the maximum number of surge beds by November 18 and a complete surge plan by November 20. The plan should include:
- A detailed plan to potentially increase bed capacity by at least 50% and provide staffing and medical equipment for such an increase.
- A strategy to increase the number of ICU beds by migrating medical and surgical beds to ICU beds as needed.
- A detailed staffing plan sufficient to provide adequate care for all beds, including beds in use or available to patients other than COVID-19 patients.
- Obligation to actively manage, reduce, and / or postpone selective treatment in the event of a proliferation of COVID-19 infections in the county or municipality where the facility is located.
CDPHE reported 4,650 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. In Colorado, ages 20-29 account for 22.67% of state cases, the highest proportion of any age group.
More than 41,000 people were tested for the virus on Tuesday. The average 7-day positive rate for Colorado is 12.88%.
CDPHE updates COVID-19 data daily at 4 pm. covid19.colorado.gov/data..
Colorado COVID-19 data, as of Wednesday 4:00 pm:
- A positive rate of 12.88% (7-day moving average) in 41,034 tests conducted on 17 November
- The daily positive rate on November 17th was 12.47%
- 1,428 patients currently hospitalized, 92% of institutions reported (+50)
- 165 patients (+0) investigating possible cases not confirmed in the laboratory
- 191 patients discharged / transferred in the last 24 hours (+15)
- 31% Facilities that predict staff shortages within the next week (+ 4%)
- 2% Facilities that expect a shortage of PPE within next week (+ 0%)
- 13% of facilities (+ 2%) predicting ICU bed shortages over the next week
- 47% (+ 3%) of adult critical care ventilators in use
- 86% of ICU beds in use (1809 available, 1547 in use, 262 available)
- 176,694 cases (+4,650)
- 11,802 hospitalization (+194)
- 1,511,200 tested (+19,819)
- 2,640,615 test encounters (+41,034)
- 2,651 deaths between cases (+43)
- 2,324 deaths from COVID-19 (+25)
- 1,810 occurrences (+92)
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]