Ottawa County, Michigan-Health officials in Ottawa County are tracking a clear increase in rabies-affected bats after three recently tested positive.
County officials issued a recommendation on bats on Friday, June 11.
Two of the infected bats were found in the Dutch region and one in the Hudsonville region.
According to Ottawa Count Health supervisors, State Department of Health and Human Services data show that bat rabies tests tend to be more positive across the state.
In fact, the current incidence is close to the “abnormally high” level of 2007, with 199 cases of bats and 11 cases of rabies found in other animals.
Health leaders recommend the following precautions:
- Avoid contact with wild animals. Do not keep wild animals as pets. Also, do not try to rehabilitate wildlife on your own. Wild animals can carry rabies even if they look bad.
- If you come into contact with a bat, you should call OCDPH 616-396-5266 before releasing or disposing of it.
- Seek medical attention immediately if the animal is bitten or scratched.
- If you find a bat at home, safely confine or retrieve the bat if possible and contact your local health center to determine if a rabies test is needed.You can find more information on how to safely collect bats Here Or in this YouTube video..
- If you don’t want to trap or collect bats yourself, consider using a bat / wildlife control service.
- Protect your pet by being vaccinated against rabies. Even cats that live indoors and never go out can encounter bats that invade their homes.
- Contact your veterinarian as soon as possible if your animal is bitten or scratched by a wild animal, or if you believe you have come into contact with it without supervision of the wild animal. Even if your pet is vaccinated against rabies, additional measures may be required to prevent infection. If possible, you may need to safely confine or capture wildlife without touching them and have your animal tested for rabies, so please contact your local animal caretaker or veterinarian.
Other works of MLive
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]