International
Iran rejected direct negotiations with the United States in response to Trump's letterExBulletin

In this photo published by the Iranian Office of the Presidency, President Masoud Pezeshkian speaks on a birthday commemorating the Rally of the 1979 Islamic Revolution which overthrew the Islamic clerics at the Power, Tehran, Iran, Monday, February 10, 2025.
TOGGLE LEGEND AP / Office of the Iranian presidency
Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, the Iranian President said on Sunday that the Islamic Republic had rejected direct negotiations with the United States about its rapid nuclear program, offering Tehran's first response to a letter that President Donald Trump sent to the country's supreme chief.
President Masoud Pezeshkian said that Iran's response, delivered via Oman's sultanate, left the possibility of indirect negotiations with Washington. However, such talks have made no progress since Trump during his first mandate unilaterally withdrawn America from the Tehran Nuclear Agreement with the global powers in 2018.
In the years that followed, regional tensions have evolved into attacks in sea and on land. Then came the War of Israel-Hamas in the Gaza Strip, which saw Israel target militant group leaders through the self-proclaimed “resistance axis” of Iran. Now, while the United States leads intense air strikes targeting the Houthi rebels supported by Iran in Yemen, the risk of military action targeting Iran's nuclear program remains on the table.
“We do not avoid talks; it is the violation of promises that has caused us problems so far,” said Pezeshkian in television remarks at a meeting of the cabinet. “They must prove that they can strengthen confidence.”
The White House, the State Department and other managers did not offer any immediate reaction to the announcement. However, Trump said Pezeshkian's comments, he envisaged military action and secondary prices if Iran does not accept a nuclear agreement.
“If they do not conclude, there will be bombings and it will be bombardments they have never seen before,” said Trump in a comment released on Sunday by NBC News.
Iran's position hardens after Trump's letter
The fact that Pezeshkian announced that the decision shows how much has changed in Iran since its elections half a year ago after campaigning on a promise to re-engage with the West.
Since the election of Trump and the resumption of his campaign of “maximum pressure” on Tehran, the Iranian rial has come into free fall. Pezeshkian had left open talks until Iran's 85 -year -old supreme chief, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, hard on Trump in February and warned the talks “are not intelligent, wise or honorable” with his administration. The Iranian President then immediately hardened his own remarks on the United States
Meanwhile, there have been mixed messages from Iran for weeks. The videos of QUDs, or Jerusalem, the demonstrations of Day on Friday, people in the crowd asked the participants to shout: “Death to Israel!” As a rule, “death in America” has also been heard.
A video of an underground missile base unveiled by the paramilitary guard of the hard line of Iran also showed that his troops were walking on an Israeli flag painted on the ground, although there is no American flag also often seen in such propaganda videos.
But Press TV, the English language branch of Iranian state television, published an article last week which included the list of American bases in the Middle East as possible attack targets. The list included Camp Thunder Cove on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean, where the United States bases B-2 bombers probably used in Yemen.
“The Americans themselves know how vulnerable they are,” the president of the Iranian Parliament Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf said on Friday. “If they violate Iran's sovereignty, it will be like a spark in a cannon powder depot, putting the whole region on fire. In such a scenario, their bases and their allies will not be safe.”
However, the two recent direct attacks by Tehran against Israel with missiles and ballistic drones caused negligible damage, while Israel responded by destroying Iranian air defense systems.
Iran rejection is the last of tensions on the nuclear program
Trump's letter arrived in Tehran on March 12. Although the announcement that he wrote it in a television interview, Trump offered little details on what he said exactly to the supreme chief.
“I wrote a letter saying to them:” I hope you will negotiate because if we have to go militarily, it's going to be a terrible thing, “said Trump in the interview.
This decision recalled Trump's writing to the North Korean leader Kim Jong one during his first mandate, which led to face-to-face meetings, but no transactions to limit the atomic bombs of Pyongyang and a missile program capable of reaching the continental United States
The last time Trump tried to send a letter to Khamenei, through the deceased Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in 2019, the supreme chief made fun of the effort.
Trump's letter occurred while Israel and the United States warned that it would never let Iran acquire a nuclear weapon, which has raised fears of a military confrontation while Tehran enriches uranium at levels of weapons close to 60% of purity something only does by atomic armed nations.
Iran has long maintained that its program has been for peaceful purposes, even if its officials are increasingly threatening to continue the bomb. A report in February, however, by the UN nuclear guard dog, said that Iran had accelerated its production of uranium close to the quality of weapons.
Iran's reluctance to face Trump probably also takes his order from the attack which killed Iranian general Qassem Soleimani in a Baghdad drone strike in January 2020. The United States said that Iran had plotted to assassinate Trump on the one before his election in November, which Tehran refused, although the civil servants threatened.
Sources 2/ https://www.npr.org/2025/03/30/g-s1-57228/iran-has-rejected-direct-negotiations-with-the-us-in-response-to-trumps-letter The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article |
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: cgurgu@internetmarketingcompany.BizWebsite: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or collaboration@support.exbulletin.com