A four-year-old Malaysian tiger from the Bronx Zoo tested positive for coronavirus.
The name Nadia is believed to be the first US case of Covid-19 infected.
The Bronx Zoo in New York said the test result was confirmed by the Iowa National Veterinary Services Laboratory.
Nadia, along with six other large cats, is believed to have been infected by an asymptomatic zoo guard.
Cats began showing symptoms, including dry cough, at the end of last month following exposure of an unidentified worker.
“It is the first time that any of us in the world know that a person has infected the animal and that the animal has become ill,” Paul Calle, zoo’s chief veterinarian, told Reuters on Sunday.
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]
- Effective early time-restricted diet for weight loss in obese patients August 8, 2022
- John wins World Athletics U20 gold, bronze August 8, 2022
- What is Pax Lovid’s rebound? August 8, 2022
- Kenneth Horsey Receives All America Honorable Mention from Pro Football Network – UK Athletics August 8, 2022
- Earthquake shakes Binga – Bulawayo 24 News August 8, 2022