Nearly half of the population of Haiti’s Grand Sud region (800,000 people) was affected by the August 14, 2021 earthquake, and a third of that population (650,000 people) needed emergency humanitarian assistance. 2,248 people were killed, 12,763 were injured, and 329 were missing. This comes in a very difficult context for Haiti, with the continuing impacts of COVID-19, the political situation, and the effects of hurricanes on the region weakening already fragile systems. In this context, CARE and UN Women launched this rapid gender analysis to understand how these impacts occur on people of different genders, ages and vulnerabilities. Approximately 1,088 people through personal data collection methods, and more than 3,200 people through mobile and online means (in total, 49% are women and 51% are men). This covers the Grand Anse, Nippes, and Sud sections.
• Shelter is a priority need, especially for women and girls. 63% of the organizations interviewed and 50% of young people said that shelter is their number one concern now. It is estimated that 21% and 76% more women than men in Grand Anse and Nippes, respectively, had nowhere to live in the aftermath of the earthquake. 18% of women and 12% of men surveyed have no shelter, while 53% of women and 56% of men sleep next to a destroyed home, and gender-based violence has become a serious crisis. 70% of women and men surveyed said their fear of sexual violence had increased since the earthquake. 43% of community leaders and 75% of youth say that gender-based violence has increased since the earthquake. 70% of organizations say that women and girls are at greater risk of gender-based violence.
• Livelihoods are weakening, especially with turbulent markets. 33% of men and women note a decrease in paid employment and income opportunities. 23% of adult women and 8% of men felt that their economic activities had stopped. 48% of community members report that not having a job is the most important change in their daily life. 57% of girls have lost their productive capital – the part of the population most affected by this problem.
• 60% of communities lack water. 24% of women stressed disproportionately their disease risk versus 5% of men. Women and girls bear the brunt of this impact, as they are responsible for obtaining and carrying water, and because of their special water needs for menstrual hygiene.
• Health is at risk, especially mental health. 32% of people reported trauma as a serious impact of the earthquake. 68% of providers find that women have little or no access to health care. The risks are high for pregnant women (according to 46% of providers) and people with disabilities (according to 27% of providers).
• Food security needs are increasing. 60% of respondents, and 76% of organizations say that food is one of the main needs. 33% of girls – compared to 28% of boys – say food security is their number one concern. Of particular concern is the finding that only those with physical strength have access to the distributions, and that women who must stay home to protect their children do not gain access. Other groups are also at risk. “In our society we do not see the gay community positively, on the other hand we more or less understand the disabled and people with chronic diseases” a group of women.
• Information is essential, across multiple channels. 41% of organizations say the lack of information creates a problem for residents, especially when it comes to getting help of any kind. Only 7% of women in the region have access to the Internet, so information must be shared through multiple ways.
The mention sources can contact us to remove/changing this article
What Are The Main Benefits Of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes Online
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 24, 2020, / Compare-autoinsurance.Org has launched a new blog post that presents the main benefits of comparing multiple car insurance quotes. For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/the-advantages-of-comparing-prices-with-car-insurance-quotes-online/ The modern society has numerous technological advantages. One important advantage is the speed at which information is sent and received. With the help of the internet, the shopping habits of many persons have drastically changed. The car insurance industry hasn't remained untouched by these changes. On the internet, drivers can compare insurance prices and find out which sellers have the best offers. View photos The advantages of comparing online car insurance quotes are the following: Online quotes can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. Unlike physical insurance agencies, websites don't have a specific schedule and they are available at any time. Drivers that have busy working schedules, can compare quotes from anywhere and at any time, even at midnight. Multiple choices. Almost all insurance providers, no matter if they are well-known brands or just local insurers, have an online presence. Online quotes will allow policyholders the chance to discover multiple insurance companies and check their prices. Drivers are no longer required to get quotes from just a few known insurance companies. Also, local and regional insurers can provide lower insurance rates for the same services. Accurate insurance estimates. Online quotes can only be accurate if the customers provide accurate and real info about their car models and driving history. Lying about past driving incidents can make the price estimates to be lower, but when dealing with an insurance company lying to them is useless. Usually, insurance companies will do research about a potential customer before granting him coverage. Online quotes can be sorted easily. Although drivers are recommended to not choose a policy just based on its price, drivers can easily sort quotes by insurance price. Using brokerage websites will allow drivers to get quotes from multiple insurers, thus making the comparison faster and easier. For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ Compare-autoinsurance.Org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc. "Online quotes can easily help drivers obtain better car insurance deals. All they have to do is to complete an online form with accurate and real info, then compare prices", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company. CONTACT: Company Name: Internet Marketing CompanyPerson for contact Name: Gurgu CPhone Number: (818) 359-3898Email: [email protected]: https://compare-autoinsurance.Org/ SOURCE: Compare-autoinsurance.Org View source version on accesswire.Com:https://www.Accesswire.Com/595055/What-Are-The-Main-Benefits-Of-Comparing-Car-Insurance-Quotes-Online View photos
to request, modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]